PIAG began servicing Georgia printers in 1894 as the Employing Printers Association (EPA). In 1945, the trade association became a charter affiliate of Printing Industries of America. The organization merged with The Association of Georgia Printers in 1976 and became the Printing Association of Georgia, Inc. (PAG).
PAG changed its name to the Printing Industry Association of Georgia, Inc. in 1988. In 2007, PIAG changed its name to Printing & Imaging Association of Georgia, to better reflect the composition of the print community.